Elementary Level >> Grammar Worksheets >> To be used with students who have only a basic knowledge of present continuous. All sentences use present continuous and all are positive sentences. They just have to choose the correct verb.
Present Continuous Worksheet
Choose one of these verbs from below to complete each sentence.
1. I __AM STUDYING__ very hard today because I have an exam at school tomorrow.
2. Look at that dress that Sharon __IS WEARING__. Isn't it beautiful!
3. Don't disturb Dan. He __'S WATCHING__ the big football game on TV.
4. Jon must be really tired. Look! He __'S SLEEPING__ on the sofa like a baby.
5. Take your umbrella with you. It __'S RAINING__ very hard outside.
6. Do you want me to put the electric heater on. It __'S GETTING__ very cold.
7. Sara and Kevin aren't here at the moment. They __ARE PLAYING__ in the garden with the other children.
8. My neighbours __ARE PLAYING__ that music too loud. I should call the police!
9. Martha is the person who __IS DRINKING__ red wine. She __'S STANDING__ next to the stereo. Go and speak to her and don't be so shy!