IELTS Speaking - Test Five
Speaking Part One
The examiner will ask general questions on familiar topics such as home, family, work, studies and interests.
- If I visited your town for an afternoon, where would you suggest I go?
- Is your town well-known in your country? What's it well-known for?
- What was it like growing up in your town?
- What changes are taking place there?
Speaking Part Two
You will have to talk about the topic for 1 to 2 minutes.
You have one minute to think about what you're going to say.
You can make some notes to help you if you wish.
Describe a present you received recently that meant a lot to you.
You should say:
- what it was and who it was from
- why you liked it so much
- how you showed your appreciation
and explain what you have done with this present since receiving it.
The examiner then asks one or two questions about this topic.
Do you think giving money as a gift isn't very thoughtful?
Speaking Part Three
- People often complain that the 'meaning' of Christmas is being lost. Do you agree with this?
- How important is Christmas to you personally? What do you think about when you think about Christmas?
- What are some of the most important national holidays in your country?
- Are there holidays you particularly like, perhaps because of food, clothes and customs associated with them?
- In a globalised world, do you think an individual country's own national holidays are becoming less important?