Cambridge B2 First (FCE First Certificate)
B2 First Certificate Writing - Test Eight
Time: 1hr 20mins
You must answer this question. Write your answer in 140-190 words in an appropriate style on the separate answer sheet.
1. Someone visited your English class and gave an interesting talk about languages. Now, your English teacher has asked you to write an essay.
Write an essay using all your notes and giving reasons for your point of view.
Everyone should try to learn a foreign language. Do you agree with this statement?
3. ................ (your own idea)
Write an answer to one of the questions 2-4 in this part. Write your answer in 140-190 words in an appropriate style.
2. This is part of an email that you have received from your English-speaking friend, Carla:
From: Carla Gomez <firstname.lastname@example.org>
Subject: Hiking in France
Some friends of mine are going hiking around France in the summer. They would like to learn about French culture and its history.
What's the best way to find out some information about France before they leave? What should they do about accommodation? How could they have a good trip without spending too much money?
Write your email.
Your English class has watched a documentary about the environment.
Your English teacher has now asked you to write a report about environmental concerns in your country. You report should:
- Describe the biggest environmental problems in your country.
- Recommend some possible solutions to these issues.
Write your report.
4. You see this announcement in a music magazine:
Song Reviews Wanted
Which piece of music gives you good memories? What type of music is it? Why do you remember the past when you hear it?
We will publish the best reviews in our magazine next month.
Write your review.