B2 First (FCE) >> Open Cloze Worksheets >> The second part of the Use of English paper in the First Certificate Examination is open cloze, in which students use one word to fill each space in a short text. The required words are usually grammatical, such as pronouns, articles, prepositions, auxiliary verbs and so on.
Cambridge B2 First (FCE First Certificate)
Open Cloze Worksheet 2 - Answer Sheet
For each space, choose ONE word which you think best completes the sentence. Look carefully at the words both before and after each space.
1. I gave up my seat on the bus __SO__ that an old woman could sit down.
2. The film was awful. The best thing __ABOUT__ it was the photography which was beautiful. The film was shot in Cambodia.
3. What a strange looking dog! Do you know what __BREED/TYPE__ it is?
4. __DO__ me a favour and pass me the cell phone that's on the newspaper, please.
5. First you will need to go to the post office, __WHERE__ you can buy all the stamps and envelopes you need.
6. If you haven't been to the doctor's for a check for over a year, you __SHOULD__ go as soon as possible.
7. Madrid is a wonderful city but it has fewer parks __THAN__ London which is a shame because of the hot and sunny weather there.
8. Turn the machine off! That alarm means it can't __BE__ working properly.