B2 First (FCE) >> Open Cloze Worksheets >> The second part of the Use of English paper in the First Certificate Examination is open cloze, in which students use one word to fill each space in a short text. The required words are usually grammatical, such as pronouns, articles, prepositions, auxiliary verbs and so on.
Cambridge B2 First (FCE First Certificate)
Open Cloze Worksheet 16 - Answer Sheet
For each space, choose ONE word which you think best completes the sentence. Look carefully at the words both before and after each space.
1. The two employees who were believed to __HAVE__ stolen the money were sacked instantly.
2. My father was the chairman of the "Falcon Club", __WHICH__ local people interested in local history joined.
3. We have six cats in total but two of __THEM__ were given to us as a present.
4. This filing cabinet is a mess! It's very confusing the order you have put the files __IN__.
5. __NOT__ only does your hairstyle not suit you but it looks as though the hair stylist has made a mistake.
6. I know how to pronounce the word. I just don't know __WHAT__ it means!
7. Despite __BEING__ absolutely exhausted, the sailors managed to cross the ice sheet in under three days to reach the rescue ship.
8. Pick up that book, open __IT__ on page 28 and read the first sentence that you see.