B2 First (FCE) >> Open Cloze Worksheets >> The second part of the Use of English paper in the First Certificate Examination is open cloze, in which students use one word to fill each space in a short text. The required words are usually grammatical, such as pronouns, articles, prepositions, auxiliary verbs and so on.
Cambridge B2 First (FCE First Certificate)
Open Cloze Worksheet 13 - Answer Sheet
For each space, choose ONE word which you think best completes the sentence. Look carefully at the words both before and after each space.
1. No-one knows what happened to the manager but he __IS__ believed to have run off with all the company's money and gone to live in South America.
2. _WHEN/IF/AS SOON AS___ I see the book you are looking for, I'll get it.
3. When he was alive, my grandfather __WOULD__ take us down to the nearby lake every Sunday to feed the ducks and swans there.
4. We made about two million dollars last month but a third __OF__ that total will be spent on taxes.
5. Unless you begin to study hard immediately, there is a good chance __OF__ failure in your exams this summer.
6. Tonight's play off match is unlikely to __TAKE__ place due to rain and high winds. League officials say they will try again tomorrow evening.
7. You have to try and relax more Sheila. You're __SO__ stressed out that it is starting to affect your health.
8. By the time the Apollo landings finished, NASA __HAD__ sent several men to the lunar surface.