B2 First (FCE) >> Multiple Choice Cloze Worksheets >> The first part of the Use of English paper is Multiple Choice Cloze where students need to choose between similar words. Here is a series of worksheets for students to not only aim at getting the right word but think about why the other answers are not correct.
Cambridge B2 First (FCE First Certificate)
Multiple Choice Cloze Worksheet 9 - Answer Sheet
For each question, choose which of the four possible answers fits the space best. Also think about why the other three answers are not possible.
1. Don't wash that sweater in hot water, ___________ it will shrink.
2. ___________ the vacation, we had the most wonderful weather imaginable. Sunshine all the way!
d. all in all
3. Police arrested a man late last night in connection with the murder. Police expect to charge the ___________ later this morning.
4. Right, Mrs. Jones. Take these pills twice a day and if the problem ___________ more serious, come back and pay me a visit.
5. When each group of tourists have paid the entrance fee, ___________ them with a picnic hamper and two parasols.
d. give out
6. You are the only person in this company who ___________ access to both the staff phone list and the bank information of every employee. Please remember it is a huge responsibility.
7. We all just looked at the bill and then realised that __________ wasn't even included! So we had to pay another 15% on top of that! I am never going back to that restaurant.
8. We got home to find the children __________ down the marble hallway in their socks.