B2 First (FCE) >> Multiple Choice Cloze Worksheets >> The first part of the Use of English paper is Multiple Choice Cloze where students need to choose between similar words. Here is a series of worksheets for students to not only aim at getting the right word but think about why the other answers are not correct.
Cambridge B2 First (FCE First Certificate)
Multiple Choice Cloze Worksheet 8 - Answer Sheet
For each question, choose which of the four possible answers fits the space best. Also think about why the other three answers are not possible.
1. This house is so old now. When it rains, the windows leak and the roof needs to be replaced soon. ___________, we love it and would never move to another.
2. You can't ignore this problem any longer. You have to ___________ with it so we can go on with the plan.
3. I don't like watching soap operas and films on TV. I prefer documentaries with ___________ people talking about their lives.
4. Has someone moved the drinks ___________ the table while I was gone? I'm sure that glass in front of Peter was mine.
5. We couldn't find the hotel and it was getting dark ___________ we got out a map and studied it carefully.
6. Well, according to the timetable, a bus should be along in ___________ two minutes. But I wouldn't be surprised if we had to wait another half an hour!
7. Martin Jones, ___________ as the Gentle Bank Robber during his three-year reign, was jailed for 25 years today at the Central Court.
8. I was born about 30km ___________ Rome but have always lived in Great Britain.