B2 First (FCE) >> Multiple Choice Cloze Worksheets >> The first part of the Use of English paper is Multiple Choice Cloze where students need to choose between similar words. Here is a series of worksheets for students to not only aim at getting the right word but think about why the other answers are not correct.
Cambridge B2 First (FCE First Certificate)
Multiple Choice Cloze Worksheet 4 - Answer Sheet
For each question, choose which of the four possible answers fits the space best. Also think about why the other three answers are not possible.
1. Seeing you in that red dress reminds me a lot ___________ our honeymoon. Do you remember that red dress you bought in Hawaii and you wore it nearly every day!
2. My favourite ___________ at school was undoubtedly geography. Now I want to study it at university.
3. You will need very different clothes when you go on holiday ___________ to where you go and the time of year.
4. This wine is from the north of the country, is drunk with the local fish and must be ___________ ice cold.
5. The price of heating oil has been ___________ up again by the local government. Many people have criticised them for doing so as winter approaches.
6. Houston is a very ___________ city in the summer and it can be very difficult to sleep at night.
7. My uncle is ___________ deaf so you may have to raise your voice a little, but don't shout at him!
8. After the government's defeat in parliament last night, the new transportation recommendations will have to ___________ a little longer before becoming law.