B2 First (FCE) >> Multiple Choice Cloze Worksheets >> The first part of the Use of English paper is Multiple Choice Cloze where students need to choose between similar words. Here is a series of worksheets for students to not only aim at getting the right word but think about why the other answers are not correct.
Cambridge B2 First (FCE First Certificate)
Multiple Choice Cloze Worksheet 13 - Answer Sheet
For each question, choose which of the four possible answers fits the space best. Also think about why the other three answers are not possible.
1. I lifted the lid of the box just a centimetre or two and could ____________ two shiny eyes staring out at me.
a. give out
b. make out
c. make up
d. look up
2. The famous dodo, which lived on the island of Madagascar, ____________ extinct in the 17th Century owing to overhunting by European settlers.
3. A ____________ in communication led to further fighting before the UN intervened and proposed a peace treaty.
a. fall off
4. I don't know why you are laughing Maggie. I consider this to be a ____________ serious issue.
5. Do you feel ____________ talking about your childhood? We can change subject if you prefer.
6. The course also ____________ a few lesson specifically for those interested in going to live in Spain.
7. The noise in the hall was terrible but he just ____________ on speaking as if he couldn't hear it.
8. That's the first good idea you've ____________ since breakfast. Well done!