B2 First (FCE) >> Multiple Choice Cloze Worksheets >> The first part of the Use of English paper is Multiple Choice Cloze where students need to choose between similar words. Here is a series of worksheets for students to not only aim at getting the right word but think about why the other answers are not correct.
Cambridge B2 First (FCE First Certificate)
Multiple Choice Cloze Worksheet 11 - Answer Sheet
For each question, choose which of the four possible answers fits the space best. Also think about why the other three answers are not possible.
1. Inspector Grant visited the suspect's house on three occasions and on the third ____________ a remarkable discovery.
2. By studying fossils, many things can be learnt including even the events that ____________ to the animal's death.
3. To ____________ up, what we would like to see is a more aggressive policing in the area and more attention given to the victims of crime...and less to the criminals!
4. My uncle has a large greenhouse in his garden which he uses to ____________ tropical fruit.
5. If we want to get to Chicago by sunset, it ____________ having to leave at dawn tomorrow.
6. It will be hard to find the area of land ____________ to build a factory such as this.
7. I like my part time job but I would like all the advantages of having a full-time contract, ____________ a company car and a good vacation package.
8. Be careful swimming Jason. The water here gets very ____________ suddenly.