B2 First (FCE) >> Key Word Transformations Worksheets >> The final part of the Use of English paper is Key Word Transformations. A sentence followed by a key word and a second sentence which has a gap in it. A student has to use the key word to complete the second sentence so that it means the same as the first sentence.
Cambridge B2 First (FCE First Certificate)
Key Word Transformations Worksheet 9 - Answer Sheet
You need to take the information in the first sentence and re-write it, using the word in bold so that the second sentence has exactly the same meaning. You cannot change the word in bold in ANY way. You must use a minimum of TWO and a maximum of FIVE words for each space. Remember, contractions such as I'm or shouldn't count as two words.
1. If I were you, I would go and speak to your boss.
You __SHOULD SPEAK TO__ your boss.
2. It wasn't obligatory to go to work today. I thought it was!
I __NEED NOT HAVE__ gone to work today.
3. It was a mistake of you to lose your passport.
You __SHOULDN'T HAVE LOST__ your passport.
4. Why don't we leave after breakfast on Saturday?
How __ABOUT LEAVING AFTER BREAKFAST__ on Saturday?
5. This is the most boring film I have ever seen!
I have __NEVER SEEN A MORE BORING__ film!
6. We will have to leave early tomorrow.
We will __HAVE TO SET OFF EARLY__ tomorrow.
7. The robbers escaped with a thousand dollars without being caught.
The robbers __GOT AWAY WITH A THOUSAND__ dollars.
8. I told them not to cross the park at night.
I __WARNED THEM ABOUT/AGAINST CROSSING__ the park at night.