B2 First (FCE) >> Key Word Transformations Worksheets >> The final part of the Use of English paper is Key Word Transformations. A sentence followed by a key word and a second sentence which has a gap in it. A student has to use the key word to complete the second sentence so that it means the same as the first sentence.
Cambridge B2 First (FCE First Certificate)
Key Word Transformations Worksheet 26 - Answer Sheet
You need to take the information in the first sentence and re-write it, using the word in bold so that the second sentence has exactly the same meaning. You cannot change the word in bold in ANY way. You must use a minimum of TWO and a maximum of FIVE words for each space. Remember, contractions such as I'm or shouldn't count as two words.
1. The Queen is launching this ship tomorrow morning.
This __SHIP IS BEING LAUNCHED BY__ the Queen tomorrow morning.
2. Could you try and spend a little less on Christmas presents this year.
I __WOULD RATHER YOU SPENT LESS__ money on Christmas presents this year.
3. If you find a dress cheaper in another store, can you tell me?
__LET ME KNOW__ if you find the dress cheaper elsewhere.
4. Can you distribute these tests to the other students Kathy?
Can you __HAND OUT THESE TESTS/HAND THESE TESTS OUT__ Kathy?
5. The report says a child was operating the machine.
According to the report, __THE MACHINE WAS BEING OPERATED__ by a child.
6. I didn't see anyone wearing yellow at the dinner.
There __WAS NOBODY WEARING YELLOW__ at the dinner.
7. I can't wait to see Margaret's face when we arrive.
I'm __LOOKING FORWARD TO SEEING__ Margaret's face when we arrive.
8. Once you give me a full description of the hotel, I can decide whether or not to go there.
I can decide to go to the hotel after __YOU DESCRIBE IT (TO ME)__.