B2 First (FCE) >> Key Word Transformations Worksheets >> The final part of the Use of English paper is Key Word Transformations. A sentence followed by a key word and a second sentence which has a gap in it. A student has to use the key word to complete the second sentence so that it means the same as the first sentence.
Cambridge B2 First (FCE First Certificate)
Key Word Transformations Worksheet 23 - Answer Sheet
You need to take the information in the first sentence and re-write it, using the word in bold so that the second sentence has exactly the same meaning. You cannot change the word in bold in ANY way. You must use a minimum of TWO and a maximum of FIVE words for each space. Remember, contractions such as I'm or shouldn't count as two words.
1. Don't continue to speak if I've asked you a question.
Don't __CARRY ON SPEAKING IF I__ have asked you a question.
2. We arrive at the castle one hour after we leave the hotel.
It __TAKES AN/ONE HOUR TO GET__ to the castle.
3. Can you take care of Mary on Saturday evening for us?
Can __YOU LOOK AFTER MARY ON__ Saturday evening for us?
4. Is that wallet yours, John?
Does __THAT WALLET BELONG TO YOU__, John?
5. You have only just started work on this project.
You __HAVE HARDLY STARTED/DONE ANYTHING ON__ this project.
6. In this office, I am responsible for the sales department.
I am __IN CHARGE OF THE SALES__ department.
7. When I see Lucy, I always think of my youngest sister.
Lucy __(ALWAYS) REMINDS ME OF MY__ younger sister.
8. This is the cheapest typewriter you can buy.
There __ISN'T A CHEAPER TYPEWRITER__ on the market.