B2 First (FCE) >> Key Word Transformations Worksheets >> The final part of the Use of English paper is Key Word Transformations. A sentence followed by a key word and a second sentence which has a gap in it. A student has to use the key word to complete the second sentence so that it means the same as the first sentence.
Cambridge B2 First (FCE First Certificate)
Key Word Transformations Worksheet 22
You need to take the information in the first sentence and re-write it, using the word in bold so that the second sentence has exactly the same meaning. You cannot change the word in bold in ANY way. You can use only a maximum of FIVE words for each space.
1. Fred asked the cost of one night in the hotel.
"How __________________________ per night, please?"
2. The last time I went to the museum was a week ago.
I __________________________ museum for a week.
3. It is certainly a good example of Van Gogh's work.
There's __________________________ a good example of Van Gogh's work.
4. Pay attention to me!
5. I regret leaving my job now.
I __________________________ my job.
6. "I went to the cinema before going to the cafe," he said.
He said he __________________________ before the cafe.
7. I've never seen so many people in this bar before.
This is __________________________ ever seen so many people in this bar.
8. You should tell her what you think and let her decide.
You __________________________ what you think and let her decide.