B2 First (FCE) >> Key Word Transformations Worksheets >> The final part of the Use of English paper is Key Word Transformations. A sentence followed by a key word and a second sentence which has a gap in it. A student has to use the key word to complete the second sentence so that it means the same as the first sentence.
Cambridge B2 First (FCE First Certificate)
Key Word Transformations Worksheet 18 - Answer Sheet
You need to take the information in the first sentence and re-write it, using the word in bold so that the second sentence has exactly the same meaning. You cannot change the word in bold in ANY way. You must use a minimum of TWO and a maximum of FIVE words for each space. Remember, contractions such as I'm or shouldn't count as two words.
1. They blamed the theft of the missing computer on Jenkins.
Jenkins __WAS ACCUSED OF STEALING__ the missing computer.
2. OK, I can see you tomorrow evening at six.
My boss __AGREED TO SEE ME__ at six the following evening.
3. Don't say you're ill if you're not!
Don't __PRETEND TO BE ILL IF__ you're not!
4. I haven't eaten ice cream for six months.
I __GAVE UP (EATING) ICE CREAM__ six months ago.
5. Are we allowed to drink coffee in this part of the building?
__CAN WE DRINK COFFEE__ in this part of the building?
6. Should you be in here Mark?
Are __YOU SUPPOSED TO BE HERE__ Mark?
7. Why don't you help me more around the house?
I __WISH YOU WOULD HELP ME__ more around the house.
8. The hill was slippery because of the rain so we had difficulty climbing.
The rain __MADE THE HILL SLIPPERY__ so we had difficulty climbing.