B2 First (FCE) >> Key Word Transformations Worksheets >> The final part of the Use of English paper is Key Word Transformations. A sentence followed by a key word and a second sentence which has a gap in it. A student has to use the key word to complete the second sentence so that it means the same as the first sentence.
Cambridge B2 First (FCE First Certificate)
Key Word Transformations Worksheet 15
You need to take the information in the first sentence and re-write it, using the word in bold so that the second sentence has exactly the same meaning. You cannot change the word in bold in ANY way. You can use only a maximum of FIVE words for each space.
1. "Don't tell anyone about my wig, will you?"
__________________________ tell anyone about my wig!
2. I won't work late again. That would be the third time this week. I won't do it!
Mr. Hamley __________________________ as he has already done so twice this month.
3. We couldn't afford The Regal Hotel so we stayed somewhere cheaper.
The __________________________ so we stayed somewhere cheaper.
4. "Do you both work together?", she asked the twins.
She __________________________ together.
5. Is it OK if I open the window a little Miss Jackson?
Miss Jackson, __________________________ the window?
6. Despite looking everywhere, he never found his wallet.
He didn't find __________________________ everywhere.
7. Imagine your father returning home now! What would he say?
Just __________________________ home now! What would he say?
8. I imagine you had a great time in Tunisia.
You __________________________ had a great time in Tunisia.