B2 First (FCE) >> Key Word Transformations Worksheets >> The final part of the Use of English paper is Key Word Transformations. A sentence followed by a key word and a second sentence which has a gap in it. A student has to use the key word to complete the second sentence so that it means the same as the first sentence.
Cambridge B2 First (FCE First Certificate)
Key Word Transformations Worksheet 13
You need to take the information in the first sentence and re-write it, using the word in bold so that the second sentence has exactly the same meaning. You cannot change the word in bold in ANY way. You can use only a maximum of FIVE words for each space.
1. If you believe all the stories about my brother's former boss, it is clear he wasn't very nice.
My brother's former boss __________________________ nice if you believe all the stories about him.
2. How about going to the cinema this evening?
I __________________________ the cinema.
3. I wasn't strong enough to push it all the way.
I __________________________ to push it all the way.
4. There isn't any money at all in the bank account
There __________________________ in the bank account.
5. Sharon is not as good at tennis as you.
You __________________________ Sharon.
6. How do I complete this form?
How __________________________ form?
7. You should consider the position of sales manager very carefully.
You should __________________________ of sales manager very carefully.
8. We managed to free ourselves and escaped.
We __________________________ and escaped.