C1 Advanced (CAE) >> Multiple Choice Cloze Worksheets >> The first part of the Reading & Use of English paper is Multiple Choice Cloze where students need to choose between similar words. Here is a series of worksheets for students to not only aim at getting the right word but think about why the other answers are not correct.
Cambridge C1 Advanced (CAE)
Multiple Choice Cloze Worksheet 30
For each question, choose which of the four possible answers fits the space best. Also think about why the other three answers are not possible.
1. The designer decided to ___________ the plans for the building to accommodate new requirements.
2. The old bridge could not ___________ the weight of the heavy trucks, so they had to find an alternative route.
3. The film's theme was quite ___________ and sparked a lot of debate.
4. The entrepreneur expanded her ___________ by launching a new product line.
5. After conducting a thorough analysis, the financial expert ___________ the potential risks of the investment.
6. The ___________ items were collected and sent to a recycling centre.
7. The natural beauty of the location was ___________, making it perfect for the photoshoot.
8. Despite the setbacks, they managed to ___________ the course and achieve their goals.