StoryBoard - Text Reconstruction
Reconstruct a whole paragraph or story starting from ZERO!
- Each storyboard begins without any words - only a series of = signs.
- Look at the list of proper nouns that are used. These include people's names, places and so on.
- Guess common words first such as articles, pronouns and prepositions.
- Try "grammar words" such as modal verbs, conjunctions, auxiliary verbs and negative/quantifier words.
- Remember to capitalize words such as months of the year - and words at the beginning of sentences need capital letters too!
- You must also include apostrophes. "its" is not the same as "it's" so you need to try both.
- Speech marks are shown as << and >> symbols. For example: << Don't be late tonight,>> my mother said.
- Remember to try contractions: I'm, she'll, we've, he's, etc.
- Eventually, you will fill out enough of the text to see what it is about.
the an a my his I at on
can must will if but have did has not without some few
Alice and Howard spend some time in Paris, France.
Polar bears prepare for hibernation in the Arctic.
My plans for the future after university.
Sarah has an argument with her mother.
Interview goes very badly!
Little Red Riding Hood.
The Storyboard script on this site was written by:
Dennie Hoopingarner, Ph.D.
Director, Language Learning Center
Michigan State University