Confusing Words Worksheet
Choose one word to fill each space in the following sentences.
1. Hi Jane. I was wondering if you could _________________ my cat for a few days while I am away on vacation.
2. John _________________ me yesterday that he is getting married in the spring.
3. Do you think I could _________________ £35 from you until next weekend?
4. This programme about the dinosaurs is very _________________.
5. The dress looked horrible on her! _________________, she still bought it.
6. If we don't run now, we will certainly _________________ the last train.
7. I'm sorry Kathy! Can you repeat that? I didn't _________________ what you said.
8. Because of the scandal, the politician was forced to _________________.
9. I had an all-expenses-paid business _________________ to Hong Kong last May. It was wonderful!
10. This spring, we are going to _________________ a house up at the lakes. Do you want to join us?
11. The actors gave good, strong performances. It was the _________________ that was so unbelievable.
12. New York is found on the east _________________ of the United States.