Modals of Deduction Worksheet.
For each sentence, choose between can't, might or must to fill each space.
1. Your mother __________ be a great cook. You are always so keen to get back home to eat!
2. I don't know why I am so tired these days. I __________ be working too hard. Or maybe I am not sleeping too well.
3. Do you know where Carl is? He __________ be out - his car keys are on the table.
4. You seem to know everything about the theatre. You __________ go every week.
5. To give the promotion to Harold was silly. He __________ know much about this company after only a year working here.
6. Go and look in the kitchen for your gloves. They __________ be in there.
7. Oh, the phone is ringing. Answer it. It __________ be Kate. She always rings at this time.
8. Dan has been drinking that whiskey since early this afternoon. He __________ be totally drunk by now.
9. That couple __________ think much of this film. They're leaving already - after only 20 minutes!
10. That's the second new car they have bought this year. They __________ be very rich!