Level 2: Pre-Intermediate >> Vocabulary Worksheets >> By doing these vocabulary multiple choice exercises, students will improve their ability to choose the correct word when there are several similar possibilities.
Vocabulary Multiple Choice Worksheet.
Deciding between different, similar vocabulary items becomes ever more difficult as students progress through ever higher levels in their English studies. For each question below, choose the best answer from the four possibilities. Think also about why the other three choices are NOT possible.
1. Normally, before you are able to get a job, you have to attend a(n) ____________. If you do well in that, they offer you the position.
2. And when you go, make sure you bring your ____________ to show the manager. This is a sort of record of your education and employment history.
3. I am feeling really ____________ today. The weather is terrible and I got some bad news this morning too!
4. My uncle ____________ four years ago but he is still very active and says he wished he had stopped work years before!!
5. I think a teacher should be quite ____________ so that the students who want to learn can, without worrying about other students playing around.
6. If you turn off the central heating if you are away from home for more than a couple of day, you will ____________ a lot of money.
7. We watched the carnival and then stayed behind for two hours afterwards to help the organisers clear away all the ____________.
8. I ____________ with you. This movie is really boring! Let's change the channel.
9. If we hurry, we can still ____________ the 8.12 bus. Run!
10. The police are confident of catching the thief after several people gave them an accurate ____________.