Present Simple or Present Continuous Gap Fill Worksheet 1
Complete these sentences with either present simple or present continuous.
1. Can you stop talking? I __AM STUDYING__ (study) and it's hard to concentrate.
2. Mike __PLAYS__ (play) the guitar in a local rock band.
3. Jackie __ISN'T PLAYING__ (not play) very well. Let's take him off and put Webster on.
4. Take your big coat with you, it __'S RAINING__ (rain).
5. Somebody __IS BANGING__ (bang) on the door. I think it's that Mrs. Jensen who __LIVES__ (live) opposite.
6. Teacher, can you explain that again. I __DON'T UNDERSTAND__ (not understand) it.
7. Why __ARE YOU WATCHING__ (watch) TV when you __HAVE__ (have) all that homework to do?
8. Tammy is out in the garden. She __IS CLEANING__ (clean) the pool. She __LOVES__ (love) cleaning it!